Crossdock Management Solution
A Crossdock Management System was implemented in the supply chain of an Italian car manufacturer as part of an improvement program. The objectives were to reduce the warehousing costs and delivery lead times, and to streamline the replenishment cycles.
The CMS plans and controls (de)consolidation of automotive components on their way from suppliers to the manufacturing sites. In the cross dock centre, shipments can be sorted immediately or be stored temporarily before outbound shipping.
Since the CMS is able to align the inbound and outbound flows seamlessly, a significant
reduction in lead time has been realised. The combination of shipment orders has led to an increased product availability in the manufacturing sites to over 95%. With the help of the CMS, the stock levels can now be replenished on a daily instead of a weekly basis.
Business Benefits: Why choose MPO CMS?
MP Objects has put more than 10 years of real world industry expertise into MPO CMS. Implementations are based on proven best practices to accelerate your time to value. Here are some benefits experienced by our CMS customers.
Higher Logistics Quality:
- Lead-time shortened by inbound and outbound planning
- Faster crossdock processes through pre-configured workflow
- Reduced risk of sorting errors by scanning
- Order visibility through execution process monitoring
Lower Logistics Cost:
- Lower transportation costs due to order consolidation
- Less data entry costs by interfacing and scanning
- Better resource planning by inbound/outbound schedules registration